Friday, February 27, 2009

58/365 - been draggin' around


OK, a little something different today as for the next few days I may be posting my daily pictures from the indoors (we've got a couple days of rain and... fingers crossed... snow headed our way. As you can see the concept for this photo was to have an evil me pulling a not so evil me (or possibly a second evil me) behind the hummer. Not exactly sure why I came up with the idea... I did want to try out the radial blur feature in photoshop. I had a photo of the day a few weeks ago which I wish I had photoshop for to add some radial spin to the wheels of a toy car. So, heres how I worked today's photo.

Step 1: Took a photo of an area of my backyard without the hummer in it. Then I added a horizontal motion blur to that photo.



Step 2: OK, now I took a picture of the hummer with me driving it (obviously) and pasted that over top of the blurred background.



Step 3: Now I took the undergrowth below the hummer, the background behind me in the car and did a motion blur on those sections. Then I ran a radial blur on both wheels.


Step 4: Next I took a third picture of me being "dragged" by the hummer and pasted that into the photo.


Step 5: Now I did a blur on the lower portion of my body so that it wouldn't be such a sharp contrast between the bottom of my body and the ground... then I did a small amount of horizontal motion blur on the hummer and me (5 pixels worth or so).


Step 6: Then I darkened up the background layer a bit in layers to make it match the hummer and I. The final product on flickr has some cropping and a small amount of vignetting applied as well.



Hope you enjoyed.
Have a great weekend
-Derrick

No comments:

Post a Comment