Thursday, February 12, 2009

43/365 - there's no fun and games at the bar

lucky for me, when i got home i saw this yo-yo sitting on my counter, just waiting for me to pick it up and start flinging it around.  Done and Done.

every once in a while I will see a selective color photo on flickr that I really dig (like this one i found this week) and i really want to try it... but i don't have the sexy legs... what's a boy like me to do...

YO-YO

So, here's how it was done:

obviously the tripod was mounted at an angle... this is where it pays to have at least a decent tripod that won't buckle under the pressure of the weight of the Nikon D90 and the Flash (SB-600) attached...  Then i got the focus of an item placed at the approximate area where the yo-yo would be at full extension when thrown and once that was done I put the camera into manual focus mode (i'm gonna wear out that switch).

The camera was set at the fastest possible shutter speed for the flash to shoot off at (1/200th of a second), i set the camera to fire with remote, then I went over to the bar and started slinging.  After a few minutes of yo-yo tossing I had some shots that could work for me.

Then I brought into Apple Aperture (currently my post-production weapon of choice) and then dropped the saturation on all color channels except for the blue ones (all my clothes were neutral colors)...  a little vignetting and levels play later and I was ready to push the pic up to flickr.  it was a simple as that ;-)

thanks for stopping by
-derrick

No comments:

Post a Comment