Sunday, February 1, 2009

32/365 - Rubik's to the 3rd Power

My first post going over my photography... this is soooo exciting (ha ha). So here's how this was done...

I has the D90 on a tripod, and the rubik's revolution in a shot glass (I have plenty of those laying around)... I turned off all the lights in the room and started with the Rubik's Cube just out of frame. then i panned the camera during a 30 second exposure slowly to the left until i had the cube just out to the right hand side of the frame... pan stop!

Now, I moved over to the right hand side of the bar that I had the cube sitting on and took my SB-600 and flashed it... then i got over on the left hand side at approximately the same area and flashed again! and then waited for the exposure to end...

then in Apple Aperture I cropped the photo to make sure the cube was on the right side of the frame and the shot glass was copped out... boosted the Saturation (it's a toy, it should be saturated) and the definition (I wanted this thing to really look defined). then moved the black point such whatever was in the background completely dropped out...

and voila... Month 2 is off to a rousing start!

No comments:

Post a Comment