Friday, May 1, 2009

121/365 - A Walk To The Back


121/365 - A Walk To The Back
Originally uploaded by ddiemont
A quick little blog here to explain how this was done.. then it's off to throw some stuff in a bag before i head off on vacation ;-)

So, first things first, you need a lot of pictures... this is a combination of 883 pics at 12 pics/sec... So, I set my camera up to take a burst rate of about 3 frames per second and set it to the lowest resolution JPG it could take (no need for super high res RAW here)... Then I set a low aperture f/4 and focused to infinity (while setting the focus mode to manual).

The camera was then set to aperture priority (so it could adjust the shutter speed on the fly) and then i held down the shutter and started walking... my buffer will allow me to take about 130 shots or so before i had to stop for a moment.

Once I had gotten all the shots I then headed into the house and then imported the images as an image sequence in quicktime pro (Open > Image Sequence)... here you just navigate to the first image in the sequence and the rest will be imported in in order.

I then exported the movie and used iMovie to add some Muzaak and a little subtitle... and that's was it ;-)

Well, I'm off to pack for vacation. Thanks for stopping by ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Very clever... another thing for me to try... although I am not at all familiar with quick time pro... Btw, your back yard is huge!

    Have a good trip Derrick! TTYL :)

    ReplyDelete