Sunday, June 21, 2009

171/365 - june is for jumping

another long delay between posts... so, uh, sorry!

So, this is a composite of two photos. The key with taking this type of shot is planning out what you will be doing with photoshop before you start doing it. Here I took two shots, one with the props and the second without. both were take with the exact same camera settings, and from the exact same position. The Straight Out of the Camera shots are shown below.

The shot minus the props was used as a base layer in photoshop... And the important portion of the props were copied and pasted onto a layer above the base layer. I used the quick selection tool to select the props and refined the selection by adding a bit of a feather and expanding the selection a bit, so I could fine-tune once I got it into the main picture.

Once the dog and man were over top of the base picture I took the eraser tool and went around the edges of the dog and man in their layer to ensure that they looked ok together. then i applied a slight motion blur to the base layer to give a bit less of a static feeling...

and there you have it... a stick man and stick dog jumping... it's as simple as that ;-)





source 1


source 2

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for explaining, I was having a hard time wrapping my head around it before you told me how it was done. Seriously. I was like, did he throw them up in the air and take a pic?!

    :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Derrick, thank you so much for posting this... I actually read it and never commented before ( sorry :( )... in any case, knowing this made me want to attempt my latest piece of me Photoshop work... I am happy with it :)... So Thanks!

    ReplyDelete